The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) Notice
Central Prefix Register (CPR) is a data controller and endeavours at all times to process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). Your personal details will be kept confidential and secure and will be processed by CPR for the following purposes:
- Administration of your prefix application.
- Contacting you about CPR’s activities.
- Statistical and analytical purposes.
- CPR will not disclose your personal data to third party data controllers other than in connection with the DEFRA passport legislation, unless in accordance with law or with your permission. CPR will continue to process your personal data as part of its ongoing horse breeding database, until you notify CPR to stop processing your personal data.
- To discharge its responsibilities for implementation of horse passports.
- To facilitate strategic planning within the equine sector.
- To assist in tracing the owners of straying, lost or stolen horses.
- To reduce malpractice in the sale of horses and ponies.